What Time Is The Belmont Stakes?
What Time Is The Belmont Stakes? by Reinier Macatangay: According to official Belmont Stakes FAQ, the post time for the 148th Belmont Stakes is 6:37 p.m. EST on June 11.
The entire Belmont Stakes day card starts at 11:35 a.m. EST. There will be plenty of time for procrastinating handicappers to prepare for racing’s third leg of the Triple Crown.
As for television, NBC will offer pre-race coverage from 3 to 5 p.m on NBC Sports. The main coverage will go on NBC and run from from 5 to 7 p.m. In addition, post race coverage goes back to NBC Sports and lasts half an hour from 7 to 7:30 p.m. Bettors and other fans can also access the race by simulcast on their preferred ADW provider.
For those attending in person, the parking gates open at 8 a.m. The admission gates open at 8:30 a.m. Although tickets are available at the track, Belmont Park encourages patrons to order online.
The Belmont Stakes will not feature the 2016 Kentucky Derby (GI) winner Nyquist this year, who was withdrawn from consideration due to a fever. The son of Uncle Mo was scheduled to be flown back to California.
However, the Belmont will include Preakness Stakes (GI) champion Exaggerator and a list of familiar names including fan-favorite Lani, Brody’s Cause, Cherry Wine, Creator, Destin, Governor Malibu, Stradivari, Suddenbreakingnews, Trojan Nation. Trainer Dallas Stewart will enter Seeking the Soul and Forever d’Oro as well.
The Belmont Stakes undercard contains many other important stakes races, including the Metropolitan Handicap (GI), Manhattan (GI), Ogden Phipps (GI), Acorn (GI) and Just a Game Stakes (GI), plus the Woody Stephens (GII) and Brooklyn Invitational (GII). Kentucky Oaks (GI) champion Cathryn Sophia is a probable contender for the Acorn.
Bettors might think of the card as similar to the Breeders’ Cup.
Like always, the Belmont Stakes and the surrounding festivities will be special for everyone involved. Either start handicapping now or make plans to attend in person.
Belmont Stakes 2016 Odds and Post Positions
Race 11 6:37 p.m. ET
1. Governor Malibu 12-1 Joel Rosario/Christophe Clement
2. Destin 6-1 Javier Castellano/Todd Pletcher
3. Cherry Wine 8-1 Corey Lanerie/Dale Romans
4. Suddenbreakingnews 10-1 Mike Smith/Donnie Von Hemel
5. Stradivari 5-1 John Velazquez/Todd Pletcher
6. Gettysburg 30-1 Paco Lopez/Steve Asmussen
7. Seeking the Soul 30-1 Florent Geroux/Dallas Stewart
8. Forever d’Oro 30-1 Jose Ortiz/Dallas Stewart
9. Trojan Nation 30-1 Aaron Gryder/Patrick Gallagher
10. Lani 20-1 Yutaka Take/M. Mikio
11. Exaggerator 9-5 Kent Desormeaux/Keith Desormeaux
12. Brody’s Cause 20-1 Luis Saez/Dale Romans
13. Creator 10- 1 Irad Ortiz Jr./Steve Asmussen